Tuesday, June 21, 2022

My New Ladder & A Robin's Nest

I can't remember when I was more thrilled with a gift. Missy's owner gave it to me yesterday when he picked her up. He was concerned when he saw the photos of my Air Conditioning Duct Covers project. He said my step stool was unsafe because there was no grab bar if I lost my balance. This one has 4 big steps and a tool tray. I couldn't wait to use it so decided to check out a robin's nest under my balcony. Mother Robin has already raised one family this year and they loved flying lessons from the long ledge. She comes back to the same spot every year and I am honored to have her. She knows she's safe up there.

There is so much interest in this ladder. Order one HERE.

Robins are messy builders and they scatter the straw everywhere.

Three beautiful blue eggs.  Will keep you posted and try to get photos when they hatch. I got some quality mowing in today in advance of tomorrow's rain and made a pot of soup when I finished. Now I don't have to cook for a couple of days. xo

8 comments:

GiGi on Orcas Island said...

What a terrific step ladder, Rosemary! Such a brilliant, thoughtful gift from Missy's master!!! I have a similar one..a three step.. in our pantry, but am looking for a four step, like yours, for the garage and outdoor work. Is there a brand name on your ladder? It would be helpful to have a lead as I haven't been able to spot it online.

Thank you for your efforts on this!

Always your 'fan'!!! GiGi...from Orcas Island, Wa.

annette said...

Rosemary,I would love to have you for a next door neighbor! Someone who is happy about a new ladder and bird's nest is perfect! xo

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post about delightful people!
to have thoughtful friends reciprocate is a double gift!
and to know you'll be safer in all your DIY exploits is good!
we're in triple digit heat here. the idea of working Outside?
NOPE. lol. xoxo

Pam said...

What a great ladder! That's something we all probably need to pay closer attention to--finding equipment that helps get the job done, safely. Great gift!! That egg-filled nest made me smile. I haven't seen any robins' nests since we moved, but they must be somewhere nearby, because we have lots of robins. They're so smart, as soon as I finish watering, they gather round to get worms. I think both the male and female robins are generally very good caregivers to their young, too.

Content in a Cottage said...

Gigi on Orcas Island.
Gigi, The brand name is GOLYTON
I Googled "Golyton 4 step ladder with handrail and tray".
Price is $91.00
It's the perfect ladder. You have to attach the handrail and the tray. All tools provided. It was easy with two people.
It's not as lightweight as my two step. I think it weigh a little less than 15 pounds but that's fine with me.
SAFETY FIRST.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightweight-Platform-Anti-Slip-Convenient-Handgrip/dp/B09LCLR3FD?th=1

xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, I am very pleased to have a safe, easy to open ladder. The tray is nice and the handrail is fantastic. It locks into place when you step on the first step. I think it is well designed and well thought out for young and old alike. Now I can safely change the lightbulbs in my kitchen chandelier. Half of them are burned out! I'm happy to hear you are a robin lover too. They are such wonderful birds and harbingers of spring too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

annette -- It doesn't take much to make me happy. This ladder wasn't a small gift and it was well received. It would be fun to have you for a next door neighbor. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Tam, I was surprised and delighted with the ladder. Missy is always welcome without a payback but her owner has been searching for something I needed and would like. He chose the perfect thing too. I love it. Wish I could send coolness your way. xo, Rosemary