Friday, May 6, 2022

Curved Stairs in An Old House

How wonderful to see these untouched curved stairs in an old house. via I mowed the front yesterday for the first time this year in order to beat the rain. I mowed the back a week ago. I didn't get up this morning until 8:30 and Missy was still fast asleep. There's nothing like a rainy day for sleeping in, is there? Especially after a hard day of outside work the day before. Not that Missy toiled, but standing at the window to supervise is a dog's work. All the landscapers are mowing in the rain because it's Friday. I like to schedule my mowings around the weather report. Today is going to be a lazy day. Enjoy yours too. xo

5 comments:

Gail, northern California said...

Such exquisite detail --just waiting for some loving hands...hands that know what they're doing and will treat that precious wood with kindness.

Pam said...

There was a time when I liked everything freshly painted, but I wouldn't change this old staircase. If it could talk, oh the tales it would tell! Maybe I appreciate those wear marks because I'm getting older, too.

Glad you got your mowing done, Rosemary. Hope you and Missy can kick back and relax. xo

Linda Sand said...

The shape of that stairway and the door at the bottom indicate to me that these were back stairs used by servants. I bet the front stairs are in better condition. :)

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

We had back stairs just like this in our 1835 farmhouse that housed our small retail business. We had a large main staircase in the main part of the house, but these led down from our office. It's amazing how you adapt to them quickly. I love old details like this & agree that if left alone they age beautifully.

...all is grace!

Lisa D. said...

They're beautiful. What is it that makes old houses so special? A nostalgia? The romance of an earlier era? They bring out the child in me that wants to explore a magical space from the past.