Sunday, April 10, 2022

Contest Winning Galley Kitchen

So nice. If you can't have a window over the sink, try to have one nearby. I love this bench under that grand tall window. 
deVOL kitchens (Image credit: DeVol)

Get ready for a joy ride of great kitchens.


"Beating out bigger and grander rooms, this small and understated kitchen clinched the top spot at the very last moment! Whilst many of us dream of large sprawling kitchens with islands, dining tables and counter space galore, the reality, particularly in the city, is often a small room which can fit only the necessities. However, this project shows that even a small space can give you the kitchen of your dreams, all you need is well-made furniture and some clever design."

3 comments:

Pam said...

The simplicity of this kitchen appeals to me. That big window is such a great source of natural light, and while most of us would prefer a beautiful vista, the old brick building with the gothic window across the way, almost adds architectural interest to the kitchen. I've learned from experience that bigger kitchens aren't necessarily better ones. Function has become more important as I've gotten older.

Linda Sand said...

I love a galley kitchen; so much easier when walking is challenging. My favorite of all our kitchens was the one my my conversion van.

Lisa D. said...

Window seats, anywhere, are always a good idea!