Sunday, March 27, 2022

Old Workbench as Kitchen Island

I have always loved old carpenter workbenches in a house. 
This one in a Steven Gambrel kitchen is wonderful.
I wouldn't change a thing. 


I am currently watching and thoroughly enjoying WYCLIFFE on Tubi.  "In a coastal English town, an exacting detective picks through clues while investigating a wide variety of crimes in his otherwise quiet community in Cornwall. This is a very different Cornwall from the village in Doc Martin. Starring Jack Shepherd, Helen Masters, Tim Wylton, Jimmy Yuill, and Adam Barker. Link on Tubi HERE. There are 5 seasons.

6 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I would leave that island workbench as is too!

acorn hollow said...

I like the look too but it usually takes a pretty large kitchen to handle one of those benches.
I have seen that series and really enjoyed it. We watch tubi and are in the middle of Monarch of the Glen. The scenery of Scotland is amazing.
Cathy

Content in a Cottage said...

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy -- I would leave the carpenter's workbench as is too. I love it. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Acorn Hollow -- Cathy, I loved Monarch of the Glen on Tubi. Glad to hear you have watched the Wycliffe series and enjoyed it. Yes, it would take a large kitchen to accommodate such a long workbench but it's perfect in the one pictured. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I love everything in this kitchen. Maybe it's knowing that it represents many generations working in that hallowed space. I honestly feel that way about kitchens. Some of the most important lessons in life are learned there. Tears are shed while washing up at the sink. Kids chase around and bring laughter. Gosh, I had no plans to write a book, but that is what this kitchen evoked in me.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Lovely words about your love for this kitchen. The kitchen is truly the heart of the home. You really should start writing your book. xo, Rosemary