Saturday, March 12, 2022

Big Tree Down in Town


A huge evergreen cane down on Thursday in the high winds.



I took this photo yesterday in the village where my office is located.



The green part of the tree keeps on going. It was VERY tall. If it had fallen over the road it would have taken the power lines and it might have hit the firehouse if it had fallen diagonally. I feel sorry for the homeowners because this is going to be a big cleanup. They are putting an extension on the left side of their old house and this is a disruption they didn't need.

Yesterday was a gorgeous mild day and today it snowed off and on most of the day. Nothing major though. Hope you are having a nice weekend. xo

4 comments:

Pam said...

Large trees are wonderful until something like this happens. It looks like the tree actually fell in the best possible place. Glad the home, fire station and power lines were spared. Rosemary, I just have to tell you I have fallen for John Thaw. Now I'm going to want to watch all his work.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, The large old tree actually did no damage to any property or fences. You are correct, it fell in the best possible place. I am happy to hear you have fallen for John Thaw. I found a new link for his entire body of work. Explore and watch.
xo, Rosemary

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0857177/

Anonymous said...

how a tree that large could fall so perfectly between all that it could have destroyed! it's amazing and a blessing both.
and THANK YOU for the new link to all of John's work. I'm thrilled! XOXOXO

Lisa D. said...

OMG, it is a huge tree! At least it did not fall on a person or a structure.