Monday, February 21, 2022

Favorite Purse: Other Side


I turned my purse around and there is a pheasant on the other side rather than another dog as I reported in the previous post. This is the "main" side showing the name of the designer.



PIERRE FREY
PARIS
I found a similar purse on "poshmark" with horses that sold originally for $450.00 and it was sold after being marked down to $50. I paid $40 for mine in a resale shop ages ago. That is a huge amount for me to pay for a handbag but it has held up beautifully and I still love it♡

 Happy Presidents' Day.
Presidents Day, the third Monday of February, is popularly recognized as honoring the birth month of two of the country's most prominent presidents — George Washington (February 22) and Abraham Lincoln (February 12). I liked it better when it was two separate holidays instead of a day for shopping.

6 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I just adore Pierre Frey's fabrics.

Pam said...

I think you scored a bargain, even tho $40 was worth more years ago. The pheasant side is really nice, too.

Content in a Cottage said...

Lisa D. -- I saw many fabrics I liked on their website when I was doing my research this morning. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I think I got a bargain too, especially since the handbag is holding up so well. The pheasant side is lively too. I wish I could see the fabric in one piece. xo, Rosemary

Eileen in Fla. said...

I agree with you about the holidays, especially the patriotic ones, being all about commerce.

Content in a Cottage said...

Eileen in Fla. -- Indeed! I remembered Lincoln's birthday from my school days but had to look up the date for George Washington's. Both holidays were a big deal back then. xo, Rosemary