Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Frigid Outside Today


I love this image by Lee S. Hee so much. It reminds me of my grammar school days in Pennsylvania when my brother and I had to walk to school every day. Those were the days of deep snow and I honestly cannot remember ever having a "snow day". There was always a thawing out period when arriving home at the end of the school day and we had to change into play clothes if we wanted to go back out for sledding. This little girl's mother certainly has a system all worked out for her daughter's warming up period and it looks very cozy, doesn't it? Say warm and be careful if you have to go out. xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful picture!
I too remember living in the northeast... we never knew what a snow day was! in the winters there was Always snow... all winter long. I do remember my mother saying ... "you want to go back out? your snow suit isn't even dry yet!" LOL
there were elastic bands on the pants to keep them down I guess. what a chore for our poor little mother!

Linda Sand said...

It's hard to remember now what fun we thought snow was as kids. :)

Content in a Cottage said...

tammy j -- Tam, Our mothers worked so hard. I think it's easier today with clothes dryers and today's fabrics are warmer and dry faster. Is there anything worse than wet wool? I love this image too. xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda Sand -- YES. Snow was always exciting. I don't remember anything about the negative things like shoveling. My mother always dreaded having to drive in it though. xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

Adorable picture. Is that a little kitty huddling with the girl? Rosemary, I agree! Our moms had to work very hard. So much was expected of them back then.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam, YES. The artist features a small black cat in many of her paintings/illustrations. I hadn't noticed this one peeking out until you mentioned it. xo, Rosemary

Here is the link for those works with the cat:
https://www.pinterest.com/MrsLisaSmith/lee-s-hee-korean-artist-illustrator/illustrations-with-the-little-black-cat/