Saturday, September 4, 2021

Dahlia in Black & White


I took some dahlia photos before the storm and played around with one of them with Snapseed this morning. I was able to delete all of the background and convert to a black and white phototgraph. I like it! 

I was so very fortunate with my house, my street, and general area with Wednesday evening's and Thursday morning's torrential rain. I have since learned of the devastation in the towns not far away that suffered from the flooding of the Passaic River. I live in the area of the headwaters of that river. I got up extra early on Thursday morning for some reason and was watching BBC World News on PBS and they had newsreel footage for NYC, NJ, and Philadelphia. Ita has turned out to be much worse that Sandy in 2012. Thanks for your concern and best wishes for my safety. I am meeting two friends for an early dinner today to catch up. Have a great weekend. xo

 

4 comments:

KMKlump said...

I like the black and white version too! Also glad to know you are safe! Very sad to hear about the other parts of the country. Take care, Kathy

Anonymous said...

So SO glad your basement had no flooding!
after all the work you did. and it's looking so good.
enjoy the rest of the holiday! xo

Pam said...

It really is interesting to see how different the dahlia looks in black and white. I think it brings out the structure of the flower. Very thankful that you're doing well, Rosemary. My heart goes out to those who are struggling.

Noelle said...

Enjoy your dahlias. Love the photo and glad you are safe. Happy end of Summer.