Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Joan Didion's Kitchen



I never would have pictured this kitchen belonging to Joan Didion. It appears she's a real cook and this surprises me because she is so very thin  and I just never imagined her cooking. I love the wire baskets, the herb pots holding up the cookbooks, and her recipe cards in a real box!❤️
UPDATE: Thanks to PAM here is the article she posted in the comments. The 100 Greatest Home Cooks of All Time and Joan Didion is near the top of the list. Who knew? Thanks, Pam❤️

6 comments:

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

I agree that it is surprising that Joan Didion has such a well stocked pantry. I love everything about it, especially the potted herbs along with fresh fruits & veggies. And I don't think I would have noticed the box of recipe cards if you hadn't pointed it out. It's always wonderful to see that famous people have some things in common with the rest of us.

...all is grace!

Pam said...

Really beautiful and functional kitchen space. I've always thought of her as a prolific author, but Didion just might be an accomplished cook, too. Always fun to see pics of people's kitchens!

JudyMac said...

Since this picture is from a 1972 Vogue magazine, maybe she was a bit heftier back then and cooking for a family. I’m with you …. In all pictures I’ve seen in past few years she looks rather emaciated.

Pam said...

I ran across an article about Joan Didion from Epicurious, June 12, 2017. She was listed in their top 100 cooks (in America? I think) Just an interesting tidbit to share.

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- How ironic for you to happen upon this article. That is just wonderful to hear. Who knew? So Joan Didion is a real cook!!! Thanks so much for your research.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

UPDATE: I added Pam's article from Epicurious to the blog post with links. Thanks again, Pam❤️