Thursday, July 22, 2021

Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme with Music


Another scanned page from an old book. I think it would have made music lessons more enjoyable for children. My mother was forced to take piano lessons and she disliked them immensely, so much so she couldn't play a note later in life. 🎹 
I was never able to read music and I've heard that part of the brain is also where learning a foreign language is located. I was never good with those either. I woke up to a nice cool morning in the low 60s and it felt wonderful. xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to be able to say all the nursery rhymes when I was three years old! and I wasn't exceptional in any way. I guess it's just what children were taught?
I can even now quote so many of them.
I wonder if children learn those anymore? probably not.
and I can't read a note of music either!
interesting how we all learn. :D xo

Pam said...

Glad you're having cooler weather, Rosemary! I think I remember this song from my piano lessons. I know that my music books didn't have beautiful illustrations, though.

Lisa D. said...

I've always been facile with languages, but have no knowledge or expertise in music. Except for Chorus in middle school, I never took any music classes or music lessons. I always thought that musical talent went hand in hand with mathematical abilities. (Math was never my strong suit either!)