Sunday, July 4, 2021

Lady Liberty in a Folk Art Painting



Both photos and a wonderful article about our American flag found in link below. More delightful folk art and antique flag photos as well as a photo of the event (depicted in a painting) that inspired The Star Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key. Perfect reading today, July 4, 2021.

Read the article & enjoy the Fourth of July πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 





IT'S FREE, OF COURSE!
I finally learned how to make a link for you to get my new posts delivered to your inbox by email. The link calls it a Newsletter. The old emails are going to being discontinued by feedburner at an undisclosed date in July 2021. Thank you so much for your continued interest in following me.❤️  


2 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for the article, Rosemary! This morning, my husband and I hung a large flag that our son gave us while he was in the Air Force. He served for 20 years. We are incredibly proud of his decision, but I will admit that there were many sleepless nights. I worried about him. Often we didn't even know where he was because he was in Special Ops. I believe my love for our country's flag grew with every year of my boy's service. I began to understand, in a small way, the price of freedom. God bless America!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- That is a very personal and moving story about your deep respect for our American flag and those who served to protect it. You and your husband have a right to be proud of your son. πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
xo, Rosemary