Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Bluebird Man - Video


I watched this PBS Documentary about Al Larson and it is simply wonderful. It's 30 minutes long and there is a lot of archival footage. I know you will enjoy his complete single-handed devotion to enlarging the bluebird population in Southern Idaho after he retired and beyond.

Read this article first and you will be encouraged to watch the video.
Al Larson is responsible for bringing 27,000 bluebirds into his hand-made nest boxes he nailed up on his ranch and along the numerous trails in the area. At least I think that was the figure mentioned in the documentary. Be prepared to fall in love with him. I know I did! 

Tomorrow I will update this post and put in a video about his wife.



4 comments:

Pam said...

I read the article and watched the documentary, too. What an incredible man Al Larson is! He is a true champion for the bluebird. God bless him and his efforts! Although most of us aren't able to commit as much time to preservation as Mr. Larson, all of us can do something to help. I really appreciated this, Rosemary!

Karen said...

I thoroughly enjoyed both videos. I watched it on Earth Day and it was encouraging and inspiring.
Thank you for always finding the most amazing photographs and stories
xo,
Karen

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- Mr. Larson is a national treasure. I'm glad you watched and appreciated his efforts to help bluebirds.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Karen -- Those videos were perfect for Earth Day watching. I always post the things that interest me.
xo, Rosemary