Tuesday, March 2, 2021

New Finch at My Feeder

I had a new bird at my feeder yesterday, a HOUSE FINCH with beautiful red coloring. Purple finches were among the first birds to visit when I hung this feeder in the fall. The bird books say this is a western songbird bird that has become plentiful in the east and likes to hang out with sparrows. I found an interesting history that says If House Finches discover your feeders, they might bring flocks of 50 or more birds with them. Bring them on! The Juncos on the bottom posts don't mind sharing. xo

3 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

NEW POST THIS MORNING AT 8:21am
https://contentinacottage.blogspot.com/2021/03/new-finch-at-my-feeder.html
xo

Anonymous said...

OH Rosemary!!! wonderful! xo
and I like that they're so sharing and sociable...
they get along! that's always refreshing. lol

Catherine said...

Love these colored birds so nice