Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Missy Went Home

Missy went home in the pouring rain yesterday but I still have her crate in my kitchen. Weather permitting, she will be back this weekend. I think the only real downside to having a dog again is the deer tick situation at my house and maybe being forced to go outside in really bad weather. I am happy for now just being a dog sitter for a good dog like Missy.

Are you a picture reader? Did you know I always add the photos from my blog to Pinterest? Take a look here. If you see a photo you like, click on it and it will take you to the blog post. My Pinterest name is contentcottage because they limit the number of characters you can use.
Happy December! xo

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I was wondering how bad the tick problem was in your area. We don't have it as bad as many places I've heard of but it definitely is something we're thinking about as we go back and forth about the pros and cons of getting another dog. (Doesn't everything these days seem much more complicated than it used to??)

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea :: Yes, this is a truth I cannot ignore. Deer ticks are much worse this year than in any other I can remember. The mild weather so far this year and the mild winter last year might be the reason they are so bad. They are easier to see on a white or light colored dog with short hair. Good luck wrestling back and forth trying to decide.
xo, Rosemary

The Queen Vee said...

In Virginia if you spend anytime outside you must do a deer tick afterwards. I've had several friends now who have ended up with Lymes disease, it is awful .....do be careful. You're correct, mild winters contribute to larger tick populations.

We are happy to watch our son's dogs, but as much as we love them we do not want a dog permanently. Ken is becoming more unstable on his feet and has to be really careful if he walks a dog now.