Monday, November 16, 2020

White on White Painted House

I love an all white house and am planning that no-color palate when my cottage is painted again. I have similar architectural pediments over my front windows for interest without color. When I washed my house recently and released the shutters to clean behind them, I noticed they are deteriorating on the reverse side and will soon need replacing. The spiders will just have to find someplace else to live!
via @Upcountryliving on Instagram

The goldfinches that have discovered my feeder cannot read and do not realize their food is no waste. They are still throwing shelled sunflower seeds everywhere on my balcony floor. I am sweeping it up with the dustpan and transferring to a dish in my front garden. This experiment is not going as planned but is still enjoyable. xo

6 comments:

Lisa D. said...

It's a lovely and charming all-white house!

Have you started watching season four of The Crown yet?

JudyMac said...

What would you think of painting the impediments over the windows the palest of greys to match the roof color? Or is that a little much? Just a wild hair thought. :-)

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa -- I haven't even watched Season Three of The Crown. I will probably sign up for Netflix again soon and catch up. Glad you liked the all white house too.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

JudyMac -- That's a great idea about the pediments being a diffrent color. Thanks!
xo, Rosemary

JEANNE ILLENYE said...

Love the all white color palette as well. This is my favorite style Colonial house, although I've never seen an entablature quite like that. I prefer a classic broken pediment. Still gorgeous!

The Queen Vee said...

I love an all white house too. When we built our little cottage I wanted to paint it white because it's a classic colonial but my son Chris convinced me to pick a light grayish color. It's pretty but I know the cottage will look better all white. Come spring I'm having it painted white, can't wait. If I could do it sooner I would.