Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Vintage Equestrian Wallpaper at A New Jersey Designer Showcase House

Everyone went wild for this vintage equestrian wallpaper at a designer showcase house and gardens in New Vernon, New Jersey. This room also doubled as the payment center for the numerous items the designers were selling. This event is held every other year and is a major fundraiser for the Women's Association for Morristown Medical Center. It is normally called Mansion in May but due to Covid this year, it became Splendor in September. It overlapped slightly into October and this past Sunday was the last day. Click HERE to see a beautiful photo of the Gilded Age Mansion and read about its history.

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Fun to look at, but I think it would drive me crazy if I had it in a tack room or some such. Still, fun to see!

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- I loved that wallpaper in its current location but wouldn't like it in my cottage. However, I would wear that pattern in a piece of clothing. I'd love to have a quilted jacket, flannel shirt, or pajamas to wear this time of year. That design would be fabulous for bedding or window treatments in a child's room too.

I just updated this post with a link to a fabulous photo of the Gilded Age Mansion where this showcase was held with its history.
xo, Rosemary