Thursday, September 10, 2020

Nice Resting Spot and A Mowing

This actually looks quite comfortable and the bottom board makes a perfect Corgi chin rest. via

I had a much needed field mowing yesterday. My friend brought his big blue tractor dragging a brush hog and chopped down a three year growth of those woody weeds called Mugwort. I am on his list for regular mowings next year to keep them under control. I love having my far view back again. It rained almost all night and all morning and started back again in the early evening. 

3 comments:

Anita ~ the cabin on the creek said...

Love the little Corgi pic. And your back property looks fantastic. I have a weedy bank that I cannot mow that runs along the road at the front of my property. I have done battle all this summer with ragweed. I cut & then dug roots out to begin with, then resorted to spraying with weed killer. The bank will never be tidy, but I have a better handle on it this year than in years past. I have goldenrod blooming now, which I love. Sounds like you have a good plan to keep things under control in future years.

...all is grace!

Pam said...

Last weekend my husband brush hogged our pasture. He used to cut it more often, but now we only mow it annually. We've seen an increase in wildlife and countless butterflies, dragonflies, and the like. I'm glad you have your view back!

Lisa D. said...

Love the Corgi picture. So cute.

Please tell me what in the world is Mugwort.

You're so lucky to be getting some rain. I wish it would rain here and put out all the fires, but we probably won't see any until late October, at the earliest.