Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Random Photos Around My Cottage

Red Poppy 
This poppy is one of the last due to the heatwave we've been having. The seed pods are still working hard though to produce seeds for next year.

I beat the birds one morning this week in order to have freshly picked raspberries on my morning yogurt.

Here is a portrait view of one of my wild raspberry bushes.

The bees and other pollinators are really enjoying my pink swamp milkweed flowers. Later the monarch butterflies will lay their eggs on the leaves as food for the caterpillars.

I have been busy indoors during this current heatwave but just had to open all the windows and enjoy listening to the birds this morning. I can only stand to be sealed up with the air condition turned on for so long. We had rain overnight and it was pleasantly cool when I got up early. I know I will have to close everything up later as it is supposed to be 91° later. Stay cool and be save. xo

4 comments:

Lisa D. said...

While you've been having a heat wave, it's been delightfully cooler here in northern CA. Temperatures have been in high 60's to low 70's. I watched the last two episodes of a Netflix documentary last night, entitled "The Business of Drugs". Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but interesting to me, and definitely informative. Consequently, I don't think I will ever look at a poppy flower again in the same way!

Pam said...

I love the colors and composition of your photos. I'm surprised to hear you still have poppies blooming. So lovely in the pic!

The Queen Vee said...

It's been in the high 90's here for weeks now, today cloud cover and a sprinkle of rain drops and a cool 88 and tomorrow back up in the 90's. I wish we could get more rain but this is a desert state.

Fantastic photography Rosemary, impossible to pick a favorite but I do love Raspberries.

KatieDid said...

Lovely as always!