Friday, July 17, 2020

Never Too Old to Garden

via
This wonderful gardener's outfit reminds me of my mother in so many ways. She always wore jumpers and she never lost her love of digging in the garden. I take after her in many ways, preferring to do things myself rather than hire someone. My two-day mowing marathon this week is a good example. I honestly thought I had waited too long between mowings and wouldn't be able to handle the growth with my walk-behind mulching mower. I considered calling someone for help but decided to try a couple of rows myself first and found it to be pretty easy and the rest is history. I'm looking forward to a lazy day today as my reward with some Acorn TV. It has already spritzed rain several times and the sky is gloomy but I am cheerful. Cheers! [Update: I wrote the text for this post this morning and after lunch the sun came out and I was able to work outside on some weeding projects.] xo

2 comments:

Pam said...

The woman in the picture reminds me of my grandmother. I never saw her in anything other than the dresses she made herself. I was fortunate to have been able to spend a lot of time with her and her love of gardening continues to influence me today. Thanks for sharing this picture with us, Rosemary!

Jenny Mein said...

Thank you for your uplifting post. I love gardening too and do it all by myself rather than employ a gardener. You do deserve a day of rest after the hours spent mowing the lawn. Sit back and enjoy your beautiful garden.

Jenny Mein
London, UK