Thursday, March 26, 2020

Sheep Dog and Owl Camouflage

I absolutely love this photo. Such a happy face on this dog stuck in a herd of sheep. Found on Instagram. Photograph by Charlie Mackinnon, a Tasmanian farmer. This photo went viral when it was published in the Daily Mail Australia. 

Great Gray Owl
Hiding in Plain Sight
British Columbia
This is the best Owl Camouflage I have ever seen. You have to look really hard to see the body. Found on Instagram. Photographs by Alan Murphy Photography.

Here is a back view of the same owl with no face showing. Honestly, he is almost invisible! This is the second photo on the same Instagram post above. All the same links apply here. This is amazing.

Continue to stay at home and try to keep busy. There is a case of Covid-19 very near me and I know the lady. Very scary. She is recovering at home. Stay home, wash your hands, and try to stay busy. I will continue to try to uplift you in my meager ways. xo

9 comments:

Rivagrant@yahoo.com said...

These photos are delightful! You keep discovering them . . thank you.

Lisa D. said...

What a happy doggie, and that owl! Isn't nature amazing?

Pam said...

I love that dog's sweet face. He must love his flock! Mother Nature never fails to amaze me when it comes to camouflaging wildlife! Beautiful owl.

Rosemary, I'm staying home, too. Today was my 15th day, but I got outside for a bit, walked around the garden, and took a short walk. I wish my garden would dry up so I could get in there and pull the weeds. You have definitely uplifted me with your wonderful posts! Stay well, Rosemary.

Betty said...

Thank you for your uplifting posts! They are a bright spot in my day.

kathiquilts said...

Sweet Rosemary - NOT meager and SO appreciated!

Mom said...

Wonderful photos! The beauty of nature never ceases to amaze. Thank you for posting. Stay well.

annette said...

Love these! Stay well. xo

Mama Pea said...

Your posts are always interesting, lovely and uplifting. And especially appreciated during this time of unease. Keep being a bright spot for many.

The Queen Vee said...

That owl is really camouflaged against that tree, beautiful photos.