Sunday, February 2, 2020

Super Bowl Cookies

I made a double batch of Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies for a Super Bowl Party tonight. They are honestly the best cookies I have ever made. I have never used this recipe or this cookbook before. The first batch was so good I made a second batch.  The second batch is on the bottom and I didn't have quite enough butter so they didn't spread out as much as the first batch on the top layer. But they taste the same. They are better than Tate's. This will be my go-to cookie recipe from now on. My next batch will have raisins instead of chips.


Click to enlarge. I used whole wheat flour instead of white flour because I was out of white.  I increased the old fashioned oats from 3/4 cup to One Cup. I decreased the sugars to 1/3 cup (each variety) because the chocolate chips are so plentiful, you don't need so much sugar. I will let you what other people think after tonight. Enjoy the Super Bowl. 
My gas range has a gas oven and I always have to increase the baking temperature to get anything to brown on top.

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY click to watch a delightful video of one eating an apple. Be sure the sound is on๐Ÿ˜€ 

6 comments:

JudyMac said...

That recipe sounds really good, plus easy to mix together. Your cookies will be the hit of the party!

jusaweecatnap said...

I might actually go to a SB party if I could eat these. They look wonderful.

Betty said...

I'm making these cookies tomorrow! I'll use raisens instead of chocolate chips since that's what i have on hand. Thanks for the recipe

Lisa D. said...

Thanks for the recipe, Rosemary. I will definitely try it. I have a fancy new Kitchen Aid artisan mixer that I have to break in. I'm not a big football person, so I didn't watch the super bowl, and being from the San Francisco bay area, that is sacrilege here. I understand Kansas City won, and I'm happy for KC. They haven't had a Super Bowl win in 50 years!

Nyla said...

I'm going to give this recipe a try with raisins, my husband loves oatmeal raisin cookies! The groundhog video is cute!

Stacey Snacks said...

I will bake them for Hen today!!