Wednesday, January 8, 2020

My Kitchen Today

I had some good sunlight shining on my farm table after lunch today. I had three pots of rosemary plants overwintering on the counter where my TV used to be but they died from neglect during the Christmas season. Thankfully, I still have a giant plant that is thriving in my pantry. Yesterday I moved some cookbooks to that spot and I'm loving the new look. I had an old wooden bookstand that I could never find a use for -- until yesterday and I'm so glad I didn't donate it. I moved all the cookbooks I reach for first to this location and I'm going to make pumpkin muffins with raisins later today thanks to the new area. Click photo to enlarge.
New year, New look.

8 comments:

Pam said...

I love your kitchen, Rosemary. Warm and welcoming. I think you'll enjoy having your cookbooks in such a handy spot! Isn't it interesting how small changes can make a big impact.

Betty said...

So cozy and beautiful.

annette said...

Beautiful kitchen! I could live in that space.xo

Kathy said...

So pretty! I love seeing photos of the inside of your lovely home. Happy New Year!

sandy lawrence said...

Wow, that book stand is a perfect fit! Love it when things fall together like that. Still admiring your dark wood chairs each time you show them and that table is museum quality - and that style not easy to find nowadays in my part of the country, at least, particularly with the drawer, which adds so much character!

Shall we all show up at your door for a muffin? haha

Content in a Cottage said...

sandy lawrence -- Too late. I took a bowl of muffins to a neighbor whose mom is sick. And I ate the rest. That antique farm table is the first thing I bought when I moved to New Jersey in 1973. I haven't seen a better one and everybody loves it. You are right about the drawer too. It's very handy. I am loving the windsor chairs too. Thanks for stopping by the cottage.
xo, Rosemary

Linda said...

Is it possible that I saw that table around that 1973 timeframe in a perhaps Country Home Magazine article about you and your style? Hung on to a it with other favorite rooms and inspirations for many a year and move until recently when I did a fairly radical reduction. I even have tried to search for that article on line. Curious.

Content in a Cottage said...

Linda -- I have never been written up in any magazine so that was not my table. I designed my current kitchen around my farm table and I've never looked back. My contractor was pushing for an island with stools but I resisted. He also thought I should get rid of my wonderful old Kohler bathtub and put in a stall shower but I stood my ground. That's another decision I've never been sorry about. I love my tub!!!
xo, Rosemary