Thursday, December 5, 2019

Radiator Tray for Brass Candlestick Collection

Notice the unintended self portrait reflected in the watercolor above the tray. I picked up this old tin tray in the garage at a nearby estate sale about a month ago. I intended to use it under potted plants being overwintered indoors but it turned out to be a perfect fit atop a living room radiator. So now it is the perfect container for brass candlesticks that were scattered here and there. The heat won't harm them either. I am so pleased with my $2.00 purchase! Smile.

6 comments:

BarbV said...

Rosemary, I've been subscribing to your blog for many years and have only posted one comment (when Webster died). But today's post just made want to say that you sure are a woman after my own heart. I live in an 1878 farmhouse decorated mostly with flea market, estate sale, consignment finds. I agree that the thrill is in the hunt and I have many, many treasures bought for pennies. My friends seem to love my home and I tell them I'm the cheapest decorator they will ever meet :) There is no need to spend thousands to have a charming, comfortable, unique home. You and your home are the perfect example of that. Keep your posts coming - I so look forward to them.

Pam said...

A perfect fit and special place for your candles. Looks lovely!

kathiquilts said...

No one does better at estate sales finds than you! Another great treasure you have found a lovely way to add to the great ambiance in your cottage!

SuSu said...

Love it - that is one the great things about antique pieces - they really can be multi-purpose and look great at the same time!

Betty said...

Aren't estate sales the best? I find such wonderful deals!

JudyMac said...

Another great find! 👍🏻😊