Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Potting Shed in a Walled Garden

I took this photo yesterday at a Broker Open House tour. I have worked really hard for the past month on my three large 30-year-old English Boxwood trimming away the winter kill and yellow leaves and they look wonderful. I dug them up and brought them with me from my previous home. Every year, the deep snow breaks a few branches but I manage to rearrange the inner branches to conceal the gaps. I have noticed lots of new growth in the center and that makes me happy. Happy May Day!

2 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

A fantastic shed (very Williamsburgy) but you are absolutely right about trimming the dead out of the boxwood. Maybe with everything else that needed to be done to get the house ready to put on the market they just didn't have the time to get to the boxwoods. I'm sure though, that if you were the listing agent you would have made it happen

Lisa D. said...

You brought your English box woods with you from a previous home...that's a dedicated gardener!