Thursday, May 16, 2019

First Naturtium Blossom

The few nasturtiums that survived my overwintering project were planted outside a few weeks ago and I already have one blossom. I learned that they still need a lot of watering while overwintering indoors. I lost quite a few in the basement because I didn't go down there often enough to nurture them. Click here to see them in pots inside my cottage.

Here is a photo of the seed packet.

This photo of mine was posted in August 2008 when my blog was brand new and it still gets a lot of attention from my side bar when viewed on a computer. I remember thinking at the time it was awfully early to see any fall color.

I am planning to enjoy a day with no rain today. Fingers crossed. xo

4 comments:

Lisa D. said...

That's a really pretty Nasturtium. Off hand, do you know which one it is?

Pam said...

The photo of your nasturtium is so vibrant! Beautiful!!

Content in a Cottage said...

lisa -- I posted a photo of the seed packet for you. This was my first time for the trailing nasturtiums. They are the best ones to plant when you want them to spread. The seeds I planted outside all around the survivors have started to sprout as of TODAY! Yay!
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- I took the photo in the rain. Overcast days are the best for great color.
xo, Rosemary