Monday, November 5, 2018

Perfect Cabin Bedroom

Bring on the red woolen blankets! via I redid my bedding yesterday for winter and I slept like a log last night. I found a red and white toile duvet cover in my linen closet that I had forgotten all about and had never used. I put on clean white percale sheets (top sheet was ironed) and then I put on the down comforter layer. I put the reversible duvet cover on as a bedspread and it looks so nice. It was larger than my comforter and makes the perfect spread. My bed was so easy to make up this morning and I can't wait to jump in it again tonight. Is it wrong to wake up already planning going back to bed again? I think now. It's all about getting accustomed to daylight time minus the "savings". They say it takes a week for your body to get in the new rhythm. xo

7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Picture of your new bed outfit, please! :o}

Yes, both hubby and I cashed in early last night because, I think, of the time change and the fact that we were having SNOW! and it was extra dark out extra early. By the time I got up this morning, the snow was washed away already by the rain and rise in temperature over night

Unknown said...

Rosemary, Love the picture! Felt the same as you this morning, wanting to go back to bed - such peace. Thanks for sharing such a cozy picture.

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

Your winter bedding sounds perfect and so cosy! Have a great week.

Content in a Cottage said...

Mama Pea -- I'll post a photo after I wash and iron the matching pillow shams. I can't believe you had an overnight snow already. I am not ready for that yet -- or ever but I know it's coming sooner or later. I hope it's later!!!
xo, Rosemary

Betty said...

Your bed sounds lovely. There is nothing better than clean ironed sheets and a warm comforter. So cozy!

The Queen Vee said...

Can't wait for the picture of your toile comforter cover and pillowcases. I love toile, it was such a huge trend a few years ago but now the decor world has moved on to other things. I have some brown toile pillow cases and drapes that I put up in my bedroom starting in November. Toile is classic and for me never goes out of fashion. I think it's perfectly reasonable to think about how comfortable you will be in your bed tonight or any night. A good nights rest is the best healthy thing you can do for yourself.

JudyMac said...

My daughter’s cats, Cheeto and Carmen, are taking considerable time acclimating to going back to Standard time. Cheeto, in particular, now licks her nose and face at 6:15am instead of 7:15am to let her know he’ready for his breakfast. She’s not particularly pleased about that. HaHa We always kept kibble in the bowl for our previous cats and neither made a pig of themself, But Cheeto seems to have a ravenous appetite and already weighs 16 lbs, so she’s trying to keep him from developing into a blimp.