Friday, October 26, 2018

Vintage Postcards for Halloween





We are supposed to have a Nor'easter tomorrow but it's as calm as can be outside right now. It's supposed to start raining at midnight and continue all night and all day Saturday. Yuck. There was supposed to be a Halloween Parade in the neighboring town that's always a lot of fun but it has been canceled so I will continue mending my sweaters. I have worn two that I mended this week and felt as if they were brand new. I am very pleased with this project. Right now, I am looking forward to watching Penelope Keith's Hidden Villages in just a few minutes. See you tomorrow. xo

5 comments:

Lisa D. said...

I wish you could send some rain my way, Rosemary. We're still having temperatures in the '70's here in northern California, and we're supposed to have them all the way to Halloween!

(Adorable Halloween cards.)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Oh dear - it's that time of year for surprise storms isn't it? Well you can stay warm inside and play!

Jeanie said...

I want to tell you how much I look forward each day to seeing the pictures and reading your post. I began following when your mother and Webster were a daily part of your post. I haven't commented very many times but I so enjoy them each day. Next May in 2019 I will be 80 so I can't do as much I would like to do each day but I sort of dream what I'd like to do through your post. Continue on your journey and making people like me happy by reading of it.

God Bless,
Jeanie Crutchfield

The Queen Vee said...

What a lovely comment from Jeanine Crutchfiled. Rosemary your blog is a huge gift to so many never doubt your impact for good.

So sad for the little spooks who missed out on their Halloween parade, I hope they were able to reschedule the event.

I agree with Iisa, if only you could send some of that rain West.

Content in a Cottage said...

Jeanie -- Thank you for taking the time to comment, Jeanie Crutchfield. My life isn't all that exciting but I manage to stay busy. Taking care of one's self and a house with a yard is no easy task but I do my best. I honestly don't know how people with large families do it. It's good to hear that you "knew' my mother and Webster and Tabatha. My mother will be gone 6 years in December and the pets several years afterwards. They live in my heart now.
xo, Rosemary