Sunday, April 15, 2018

Organizing Your Potting Shed

Whether you store your gardening items in its own potting shed or in your garage, as I do, you might get some ideas from this article. The few nice days we had this week sent me into a frenzy of pulling every weed in sight and more. Yesterday, I deep cleaned my Trex balcony floor with my hose on the jet setting to clean out all the fine debris from the cracks. After that I scrub brushed it by hand with a mixture of Dawn and bleach and it looks almost brand new. It was way too early in the season for this task but I wanted to take advantage of an 80° day. I might have to do it once more later but it will be much easier the second time around with just a mop. Have you been killing yourself outside too? 😅

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yes, I've been killing myself with outdoors work, too. We have an arbor that is covered in honeysuckle (yes, honeysuckle is classified as a noxious weed in our state, but does anything smell sweeter?). I let it go for a few years, but now I'm trying to regain control. After hours of cutting, tugging, and hauling of vines, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Today and tomorrow have turned cold and rainy, so I'm resting up before I tackle another outdoor project. Rosemary, enjoy your clean Trex floor. There's something so satisfying about completing big tasks!

Linda said...

Rosemary, you always are at least a dozen projects ahead of me.
The painted steps to our screened porch are looking very grungy . . . more than a jet spray of water will resolve. So, I shall apply your Dawn/Bleach remedy with a fair amount of elbow grease I imagine.
Again, thank you, for the inspiration.
ah, now I must back track and read the article!