Sunday, October 2, 2016

DIY Heating Pad Cozy

I was all set to donate a fair isle pullover sweater vest that I never wear but decided to make a cover for my heating pad instead. It was so easy requiring only two seams, one on the left side and one at the top. I was able to utilize the two finished edges of the garment at the bottom and top right using the underarm banding. I am so happy and can hardly wait to use it. I usually turn it on a few minutes before I jump into bed in the fall and winter. I used the other half for a cozy for my hot water bottle. I have been very busy cleaning out closets and doing general reorganizing. The nesting season will be here soon. xo

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a great idea!

Mama Pea said...

What a wonderful idea! And one I will use for our heating pad as soon as I find a suitable (and one as attractive as yours) sweater at our second-hand store. The cover which came with our heating pad has always been quite (ugly) utilitarian looking and this will make it a thing of beauty! Thank you for this posting, Rosemary. :o}

Unknown said...

Neat idea! Gotta have one! :)

Stacey Snacks said...

who knew? I love this idea!