Thursday, September 8, 2016

My Wonderful Set of Old Copper Pots

I discovered this matched, graduated set of old copper pots at an outdoor antiques show years ago. Each one has this monogram on the front opposite the handle. Somebody was really proud of them and so am I because they look wonderful on the top shelf of my pantry. The large dovetails are beautiful too. The bottom of the biggest one is marked on the bottom with an incised E. I don't know what that signifies but it's probably a maker's mark. I didn't look on the bottom of the others. They fit inside each other nicely in a nest for easy storage. I like them lined up better. At my former house, they were displayed on a standing pot rack. The insides need to be re-tinned so I don't use them. Plus they are really heavy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Copper is an excellent conductor. I had a set of copper-bottomed pots that I used for 25 years. I had to put them away because I switched to induction, and they don't work on it. I don't regret it; induction is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!
You have an incredible set. The monogram makes them all the more special!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

A beautiful collection, indeed!

Catherine said...

They are really beautiful! Too bad you aren't closer. We do a lot of re-tinning at 'Repair Days' at the National Ornamental Metal Museum.
http://www.metalmuseum.org/repair-days