Sunday, May 15, 2016

Cool Sunday at My Cottage

Freshly picked lilies of the valley. It's amazing how two stems can fill the room with their intoxicating fragrance. This year my patch has finally started to multiply. So happy! I got this old hotel silver fish platter a long time ago at a church rummage sale. Isn't it fabulous?

Here's the desk area in my pantry. I had fun organizing it recently.

Another view of the pantry with the dutch door closed. This was the only spot in the house where my tall case clock would fit. My ceilings were too low in my living room. I actually love it in this spot and it 's the first thing that greets me each time I come home.

Enjoy your Sunday. It's very cool and the sky is full of clouds. Perfect weather for my afternoon real estate showing. My difficult transaction will be closing on Friday with any luck. Fingers crossed. It has been consuming me of late, so much so, I haven't been blogging each day as I normally do. I hope to get back on track and will try my best. xo

11 comments:

Linda Sand said...

Thanks for telling us why you haven't been blogging. If you hadn't posted this new one today I was going to do another welfare check. Glad to hear you are well but busy.

Gail, northern California said...

I hope everything went well for you today with your afternoon real estate showing. Best wishes for the closing Friday too.

Mom said...

Gorgeous photos! Your clock is just amazing and I love it next to your treasure filled pantry. Hope your difficult transaction closes soon!

The Queen Vee said...

I'm sitting in our family room with one lamp lit with only a bare bulb, no shade. I'm surrounded by a wall of boxes. All our stuff, way to much stuff, is now packed, boxed up and ready to be put into a moving van tomorrow. I've been trying for the past several months to downsize and feel that I've only made a dent and have pretty much failed in my attempt. With all that has been going on at my house this week it is a pure pleasure to view your pantry, dutch doors, charming desk area and all your treasures so beautifully displayed, it reminds me of Aladdin's cave. Your stunning fish platter and Lily of the Valley as truly the cherry on top of this lovely decor feast.

Ellen said...

Your cottage is lovely! I do love a dutch door and we have a door at our cottage that I'm hoping my husband can make into one. Your tall Grandfather clock fits just right where you have it and what a unique face. So delighted to read your posts.

Mama Pea said...

So glad to hear you've been well, Rosemary, and that your lack of posting has been because of work overload. I've missed your more frequent posts.

I always welcome and enjoy pictures of your home. You inspire!

Content in a Cottage said...

Ellen....

My pantry door was a solid door that was converted to a dutch door.
Your husband can do it and you will never be sorry.
I never close the top of mine but I always keep the bottom closed.
Good luck!!!

xo, Rosemary

Susan said...

I've enjoyed all the photos of your beautiful cottage. So cozy, tasteful, and inviting. It's beautiful!

Betty said...

I love seeing photos of your lovely cottage. We have sold our house and are downsizing and remodeling a small (1089 sq ft) house. Your decoratinng inspires me!
Betty

Susan Freeman said...

Everything is absolutely charming!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Vickie H. said...

You always have everything organized so beautifully! That is not a gift I was blessed with and absolutely AGONIZE over where things should go and how they should be arranged. Takes me twice as long to make any sense out of things that need order! You are an INSPIRATION!!!