Sunday, October 26, 2014

After Yesterday's Mowing

Today was another beautiful day but much cooler with blustery wind. I'm glad I picked yesterday to mow. Today I cut down some invasive weed trees with a hand saw and started raking my driveway. Little by little, I'm getting my fall cleanup down on time this year. It makes me gasp and when I think about three years ago when it snowed a lot over Halloween weekend and the trees still had most of their leaves. Maybe it was 4 years ago. Anyway, I want to stay on Mother Nature's good side this year and play nice with her so she doesn't throw another tantrum. I took this photo this afternoon from my balcony. Hope you had a good weekend too. Now off to my bed to watch Masterpiece Mystery on PBS -- Death Comes to Pemberley. Enjoy. xo

7 comments:

tammy j said...

this picture is absolutely stunning.
i know people use that word a lot.
but this is.
it looks like the grounds of a grand estate to me!
and the sky...
it's all simply beautiful.
i can just see you and webster and tabitha walking there!
and...
also watched pemberly tonight.
loved it.
though i really liked colin firth's darcy.
still ... tonight's was great!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I just love the view there, thank you for sharing.

donna baker said...

Oh no, you have trillions of leaves like me.

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

What a beautiful photo ... Congrats on keeping up with the leaves.

Holy cow, I remember that Halloween ice storm. It was so freaky, and on a Saturday as I remember. I got caught up in New Canaan doing errands and getting home under all those trees was so scary. We lost so may trees.

Going to watch Pemberly now, I had to record it as I was fading fast. Did you like it?

Karen in VA

Stacey Snacks said...

Oh my! so gorgeous! i need to visit my friend at the farm this week (that would be YOU!). xo

debra @ 5th and state said...

long time admirer, first time commenting.
you post the most inspiring images, always look forward to your posts
debra

The Queen Vee said...

It's been a beautiful autumn. I just got back from Nashville where their autumn foliage is peaking this weekend. I just lapped up all the autumnal beauty like a thirsty dog.

I arrived home late today with the news that our 80 degree temp today will be down in the 40's by Saturday with some snow expected in the western Virginia mountains on Saturday. No, no I'm not ready for that yet.

Your photo is the perfect homage to autumn, I can see that you have been very busy.