Saturday, May 31, 2014

Peony Promise

I have three different varieties of peonies planted together.
For some reason, my favorite one has no buds this year. It's the white one with the yellow center that is flat like a salad plate. I guess it didn't like being buried under the snow all winter. My lilies of the valley didn't bloom either :( this year. They did spread quite a bit so hopefully they will bloom next year. My two remaining peony bushes are loaded with buds (and ants) as you can see from this photo. Have a great weekend and I'll see you later. xo

1 comment:

Sharon Hermens said...

Here in Arlington, TX we had a hard winter. My peony bushes were full! I have a pink (like a saucer) with yellow center. It blooms first. The other one is white full petals with the slightest red tips in the center petals. I planted a pink variety this year. Don't expect them to bloom for a couple years. I was told 'The first year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap. Look forward to seeing yours in full bloom. Enjoy your blog.