Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lily Pad Pond


I photographed this water garden last week on a real estate showing. Unfortunately, I didn't see or hear any bullfrogs. The house had a screened-in porch and I'm sure the owners enjoyed sitting out there listening to them croak on hot summer nights. my iPhone photo
I can't even tell you how weary I am of researching products for my upcoming house painting project. I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a good waterborne stain. I think I'm just going to have my clapboards and shingles and trim painted white. Sherwin Williams is having an end-of-summer sale with 30% off thru September 2nd. I am just going to bite the bullet and paint everything with their thick white paint that goes on like buttermilk. It's called Duration. Case closed, fingers in ears, la la la la la. Can't hear you.
Pin It

6 comments:

Karen said...

I've always thought it would be great to have a pond...and of course, lily pads to go with. :D
Karen

Mama Pea said...

Don't feel as if you've "failed" in your search for the new look for the house. You've gone at it sensibly and have made a good decision. Maybe not the way you originally thought it would turn out, but that's what researching and thinking and coming to a conclusion is all about. You have made a decision and your house with it's new "make-up" on is going to look fabulous!

JudyMac said...

Love the lily pads! Looks like a delightful home for a big bullfrog.

Actually, while you have been discussing your up-coming painting project for the cottage, I've forgotten what the outside of your cottage looks like--color-wise, that is. Why don't you plan a before and after show-and-tell for us once the project is finished?

sandy lawrence said...

I ditto Judy Mac's suggestion!

Gail, northern California said...

You had me laughing out loud with this post (fingers in ears, la, la, la, la. Can't hear you. ;-)

Sometimes too much information is crippling. We get stuck in the quagmire of paint swatches. I still have no drapes. ;-)

You're following your instincts, which is a good thing. Not many of us have the luxury of saying, "Oh well, I'll just have it redone if I don't like it." This is a major decision simply because the blasted pocketbook says it is and has to last.

I say good for you, Rosemary. I believe your cottage is currently a barn red with white trim but I, too, would like to see some before and after shots.

tammy j said...

LOL !!!
like a woman who shoe shops dozens of stores and then buys the first pair she saw?
i think you made a GREAT choice!
look at all the beautiful white on white cottages and houses you've shown us. ALWAYS a favorite.
so clean and fresh. and will be gorgeous against the backdrop of your green forests. XOXO !!!