Monday, August 12, 2013

Green Smoothie Detox Popsicles


These look so good. I recently got a great set of Williams Sonoma push-up popsicle molds at a thrift store for almost no money. They don't make them anymore so I was thrilled. They will be perfect for this recipe:

GREEN SMOOTHIE DETOX POPS
1 apple, cored and cut up into chunks
2 cups green grapes
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp honey or agave
2 cups chopped kale, packed
1 cup cubed zucchini
1/4 to 1/2 cup water
1 avocado, peeled + de-stoned

Put all the ingredients, apart from the avocado, into a blender (start out with 1/4 cup of water. Add up to 1/4 cup more if you need it to get it blending) and blend until smooth.

Place a fine mesh strainer over a medium bowl. Pour the contents of the blender into the strainer and use a rubber spatula to push the juice through. Discard the pulp and rinse your blender. Pour the liquid back into the blender and add the avocado. Blend until smooth.

Divide mixture among the popsicle molds and freeze for 4-6 hours until firm (after 1 hour in the freezer, push popsicle sticks into the molds).

Don't they sound delicious? Recipe found here in celebration of Popsicle Week. Who knew?
Pin It

4 comments:

Karen said...

They do look good, but they sound like they might taste a little too healthy for me. :D
Lucky you to find the push up Popsicle molds. I'm kinda into popsicles right now. My granddaughter loves them.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Good morning, I started drinking green smoothies with spinach, cukes, giner, lime, etc....The first drink I thought I could do this...by the second day I couldn't take it anymore. Guess I'll continue to be unhealthy and fat. Hope you enjoy them. Sara

The Paisley Butterfly said...

I think this is a wonderful alternative to detox smoothies! It seems more fun :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

YUCK!!