Thursday, July 18, 2013

Museum of Early Trades and Crafts, Madison NJ

I took these photos of this landmark building from my car with my iPhone on my way to Costco today.
 
 
 
Museum of Early Trades and Crafts ~ Madison NJ
The Museum of Early Trades and Crafts originally opened its doors as a library in 1900. The library is still housed upstairs in this beautifully restored building that features 56 stained glass windows, 8 chandeliers, 3 fireplaces and stenciled brick walls. Learn about New Jersey history and culture by visiting the museum on your own, or arrange for a guided tour conducted by the museum's friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is stunning and your pictures are wonderful. I am so glad that the library is still there. In fact, I am delighted that there are still libraries. For awhile it looked that they might be the next to leave us.

Karen said...

What a beautiful building. I wish there were more of this style of architecture being built in our region.
Karen

The Queen Vee said...

Now that's what a library should look like.