Saturday, September 29, 2012

Be Still


Isn't this the perfect image to illustrate this beautiful quote? Are you doing anything exciting this weekend? As soon as I have another cup of coffee and finish my 'ground hog day' chores I'm off to the annual fireman's auction and sale in town. We only have trash day once a year and the firemen pick up donated 'good stuff' to sell in tents, fields, and in the firehouse. It's always a fun day terminating with all the books being really cheap after 4pm. You get to fill a big grocery bag full for a dollar or two. This is a great opportunity to get all of your winter reading lined up. There is food on the grill too. I usually come and go several times throughout the day since certain areas are like an archaeological dig. Who knows what could be hiding at the bottom of the pile? See you later. Have a great weekend. image source

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh, what a perfect image for a perfect philosophy.
In these days of outer and inner chatter, it's so important to just... be still.

Have fun at the fireman's auction. What a good idea it is :)

Gail, in northern California said...

We're on the same wavelength...fire departments!

Mine is "The Black & White Ball With a Touch of Red"--dinner, live music, live and silent auctions and a raffle. We're trying to get a new firehouse built. Had a 4.5 earthquake the other morning and it reminded us again that we operating on "borrowed time".

Anyway, my gift to the silent auction is a wooden giraffe I asked a fellow to build. He's retired and loves to have a project going in his garage workshop and this one turned out perfect. It's a child's coat rack and now only needs painting...by me! Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

Rosemary, I trust you to be the most diligent of the shoppers at the Firehouse Auction.
And, thank you for the reminder to be still and to listen.
Linda

JudyMac said...

What a fun event! I would love to go digging at the bottom of this pile.

tammy j said...

what is there about getting to browse through piles of 'cheap' valuable-to-you books! lol.
i love the picture you made of it all. have fun!
and the picture and quote of this post made me feel better as soon
as i saw it. lovely. to just
be.

Cynthia said...

Love this and love your blog. It always inspires me!!

Garden, Home and Party said...

Wow, what a fun sale. I'd enjoy something like that. A bargain is so satisfying.
Enjoy and let us know if you find something wonderful!
Karen