Thursday, August 11, 2011

Old Fans in My Cottage

This one oscillates almost all the time in the living room. I even have it going when the central air is turned on to move the air around the room. Nothing moves the air like those old metal blades.

This one is in my bedroom and it is as heavy as lead. It also can move the air like nobody's business. I rarely sleep with it on though. I just cool the room down before I jump in bed. 

This one is in the computer room/studio on the third floor. All of the fans have dusty blades right now. I usually clean them very well and give them a drop of oil before I put them away for the winter. I always know where they are in case I burn something in the kitchen and have to grab one to blow the smoke out the window.

They are getting harder and harder to find as you can well imagine. They don't make them like this anymore.

I should work on mine and get them all dusted off and shined up like this one.

No comments: