Monday, February 21, 2011

A Fox Visits The Cottage Today






I saw this fox with the strange tail outside my bedroom window this morning. I shot the third picture first and got the back end so you can see that a lot of the fur is missing from his tail. I ran to another window for the first, second and fourth pictures. Luckily Webster didn't know what I was doing or he would have had a fit. The car is cleaned off and the walk is shoveled. Both tasks were done with absolutely no enthusiasm. See you later.

Content in a Cottage

5 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh poor thing looks like he had a close call with a trap! I had a raccoon that would visit on occasion who had the same thing happen to it's tail.
Great pictures!
Tina xo

Victoria said...

What great pictures! I've only ever seen a wild fox once, but would love to see another. :)

Stacey Snacks said...

This fox looks pretty healthy to me! except for his poor ratty tail.
Love him!

Unknown said...

Oh it has been too long since foxes roamed on my place. The last fox I saw here was peering at me from behind a blooming foxglove! That's right - no camera with me at the barnyard ... Thanks for sharing your visitor. I hate to mention it but we still have not had any snow on the valley floor this winter, but that is about to change tomorrow. I know it can get old pretty fast, but I still love snow days and have truly enjoyed watching over your shoulder this winter! Thank you for all that you share.
Kris in Oregon

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Beautiful animal, Rosemary. How lucky you are to see all the wildlife. Poor baby's tail :(