Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Morning Long Ago

All is calm in this house. The boy is engrossed in his book and has lined up his wooden soldiers. His mother is sitting in a lovely chintz covered chair with an opened gift on her lap. Santa has come and gone. I'd love to know more about this painting, wouldn't you? via

The countdown to Christmas has begun. Can you hear the clock ticking in the back of your head? I can. See you later.

Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

Linda said...

A child engrossed in a book. What a precious sight. I also love the warm light and the "quiet" of the moment captured.
Happy week before Christmas.
Linda

The Queen Vee said...

What a charming and inviting picture. I agree with my friend Linda, "A child engrossed in a book is a precious sight".

Sarah said...

A very delightful scene indeed! xxx