Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy Pileated Woodpecker

Every morning I wake up to the sound of this big guy hammering away at a tree near my bedroom window. I think I have a while before he takes this one down and it comes crashing on my roof. These big Woody Woodpeckers give me a thrill each time I spot one. Luckily my camera was handy yesterday when he came calling. I'm off to an office meeting this morning. See you later . . . it's very cold this morning. Brrr.


Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

4 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

We have a problem with the smaller woodpeckers putting large holes in our home. I am not sure if it is because we live in an antique barn, as they seem to leave all of the other out buildings alone. The large woodpeckers don't bother us at all, thankfully. They are so pretty.
~Debra
Capers of the vintage vixens

Laura said...

This is my favorite bird! You are so lucky to see one, the last one I saw was in Interlochen Mi

Laura said...

Love the woodpecker!

The Queen Vee said...

It always amazes me the amount of noise woodpeckers make when they're pecking.