Monday, June 14, 2010

Beautiful Stone Church in New Zealand

Church at Lake Tekapo New Zealand
I've never been to New Zealand but this beautiful photograph makes me want to go Down Under. Two readers send the following information: "This church was built on the lake shore as a memorial to the pioneers of the MacKenzie Country, nearby stands a very touching memorial to the dogs who worked this country as well. A stunningly beautiful spot. Just beyond the church is a lake with a color you have to see to believe." Now I really want to go.



Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

3 comments:

IslandHome said...

I love this church - have been there several times (I'm a Kiwi!). It was built on the lake shore as a memorial to the pioneers of the MacKenzie Country, nearby stands a very touching memorial to the dogs who worked this country as well. A stunningly beautiful spot.

KClark Photography said...

I got to visit here once years ago. Just beyond the church is a lake with a color you have to see to believe.

Millie said...

I've also had the opportunity to visit the Lake Tekapo church. The setting is awesome on the edge of the lake, quite wild & rugged. NZ is well worth the long, long plane ride Rosemary.
Millie ^_^