Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Skeleton Armchairs of Vincent Price

The Skeleton Armchairs of Vincent Price:
Here's the auction house description: Hand-carved of hardwood; these chairs were apparently modeled after a rare 18th-century chair which sold for over $100,000 at a New York auction. By oral tradition, they were part of a set custom-ordered by actor Vincent Price. However, Price died before they were delivered. In any case, they make a wonderful conversation piece! Excellent condition. Each measures 54' x 24' x 24'.

I think I'll pass on these chairs offered by Heritage Auctions. I don't think they "go" with the decor of my cottage.



Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

The Queen Vee said...

Fantastic, I need those for my Halloween dinner table but probably can't afford them.