Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Emily Dickinson's Garden Recreated @ NY Botanical Gardens

Emily Dickinson's Garden:
"If Emily Dickinson's neighbors saw her gardening at her Amherst, Massachusetts home in the moonlight, they might have thought her eccentric. She was that. But the poet was also troubled by very sensitive eyes, and the sunlight hurt them.

She did love her gardens, and the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx celebrates the poet and gardener with a newly-opened exhibition that continues until June 13." Read more @ http://nybg.org/



This looks wonderful, doesn't it? I'd like to go. Will you drive?

I know Emily and I would have been friends. I'm often out in the moonlight pulling weeds. Not because of my sensitive eyes, but because there aren't enough hours in a day to get everything done.



Content in a Cottage
Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Sabina said...

I would love to take a stroll through Emily's garden. What a wonderful exhibit!! I must pass this along. Thanks so much Rosemary!!

xx's

Cynthia L. H. said...

Oh, I just love this idea!!!
;^)
I wish that I lived closer...I would definitely go! I will have to follow it online.
I will look forward to it...thank you!
;^)