Sunday, April 4, 2010

Giraffe Manor in Kenya











I though we should all go on a little trip tonight and sleep in different beds. I've decided to take all of you to The Giraffe Manor, surrounded by 140 acres of indigenous forest just outside Kenya's capital, Nairobi. As well as the giraffe, the property is also home to many species of birds, large families of warthogs and the elusive Bush Buck.

Travellers from all over the world now make The Giraffe Manor part of their East African safari, the only place in the world where you can enjoy the breathtaking experience of feeding and photographing the giraffe over the breakfast table and at the front door.

The Giraffe Manor is an elegant, personally hosted, small and exclusive hotel, famous for its resident herd of giraffe. The Giraffe Manor offers a rich blend of welcoming accommodation, highly trained and friendly staff, as well as one of Nairobi's finest kitchens.

All photos from the website of The Giraffe Manor. The 1932 mansion was designed to resemble a Scottish hunting lodge. In 1974, two highly endangered Rothschild giraffe were moved onto the estate where their future generations have thrived and live today. Wasn't that a fun place to visit? I enjoyed it too, Rosemary.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

5 comments:

Kat said...

Rosemary, those are terrific pictures. I want to go there!

Kat

Susan Freeman said...

I really want to visit!! I love Africa. I would be quite content to spend my days photographing all of their wild inhabitants!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Emma said...

Oh my gosh! I've seen this before some palce, in a newspaper or something. What amazing photos. Happy easter! x

Ladyexpat (Nancie) said...

I absolutely love this!! Giraffe's are one of my favorite animals. When I'm visiting Chiang Mai I go to the zoo just to hang out with the giraffe's.

I am going to start saving to go to the Giraffe Manor. This has gone to the top of my travel bucket list........:)

ChampagneMaker said...

Jeff and I went to Kenya on our honeymoon! Sure wish we'd known about this place! I posted this awhile back and still go back to that post wishing I could go there!!!! you know I love me some giraffes! I need to scan all of our pictures from our trip! Another 2011 goal for our 25th Anniversary! xoxo