Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Daffodils And A Windmill

I thought this photo of Holland in the spring would be a fitting image for this morning. My daffodils are almost all gone but other people still seem to have them. We are so eager for the first blooms of spring but the late-blooming varieties are necessary to have a grand display that lasts. I would love to see the tulip fields in The Netherlands, wouldn't you? I'll be back later, Rosemary.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

I still have some daffodils in bloom and my tulips are just opening up now. We are finally going to have some warmer temps and sun shine. I hope your weather is pleasant too.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Mary Bergfeld said...

Our daffodils have been down for a while now, but tulips are still putting on a display. I live in an area of Oregon where tulips are grown for commercial purposes and at this time of year the growers have festivals that are much like those in the Netherlands. It really is spectacular to see hundreds of acres in bloom. I really enjoy your blog and will be back often. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary