Friday, March 5, 2010

Canning Jar Sewing Kit

This is such a cute idea. I never thought about making a sewing kit out of a canning jar, did you? I found this image over at My Island Wedding. All you would have to do is pad the jar seal and top it with a decorative fabric, apply a bead of hot glue to the inside edge of the outer ring, snap it back together and there you are. These would be great to carry around with you if you are working on one special project. Sewing on buttons? Put them all in the jar along with your smallest sewing scissors, needle and thread, beeswax (I always wax my thread before sewing on buttons) and any other small items you might need. The possibilities are endless. Nice inexpensive idea for gifts too.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

2 comments:

Tracy Watier said...

Love this! So much easier to keep some mending supplies on hand instead of dragging out the whole sewing box. Thanks Rosemary.
Happy Friday!

Susan Freeman said...

I saw that idea not too long ago and I think it's great! Suddenly I am fascinated with pincushions. Some of the designs are so very creative.

Have they released Alice this weekend, or are they going to hold off until June? I want to see it.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo