Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine To Make For The Teacher

We are expecting a snowstorm to hit overnight so I thought this would be the perfect time to show you this wonderful handmade Valentine. Gather all the supplies required while it is still clear outside so you can make some while you are snowed in. I saw this adorable mitten on a blog back in 2008. Luckily I was able to locate the link pretty easily. Thank you Google. Read all about it on a blog that no longer exists so I deleted the link. The red heart was created with a potato stamp and the mitten was crafted from old dictionary pages. I love the glassine envelope. I guess that determined the final size of the mitten cutout. You could also string some of these together to make a bunting to hang somewhere. Feel free to customize any way you want. Let me know if you have fun making these. Rosemary

2 comments:

Gal Friday said...

Thanks you for sharing this--it's a wonderful idea(you could find a page in the dictionary that had a word that pertained to the recipient of the card, right?)

Supposedly...the storm will not reach us this far north, but I do feel bad for those(like yourself) who'll be affected by the snowfall.
I am sure you'll be well-prepared for it and will make the best of the snowed in situation, though.

Gail, in northern California said...

I love it when you post something with a link that I can actually do! ;-)

My friend's daughter teaches second grade. Wouldn't that be a sweet classroom project and Valentine for mom?

Thank you, Rosemary!