Monday, February 22, 2010

540,000 Miles, Same Owner Same Engine

This is an unusual love story involving an 89-year-old woman and her beloved car named Chariot. The two have been together for decades and traveled more than 540,000 miles across this nation's highways and side streets. Chariot is a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente. The car and the woman have traveled to the moon and back...over half-a-million miles together. Awesome!

This information was written in 2007. She's now 91 going on 92 and I think Chariot has more than 560,000 miles on her. Watch the video and be inspired. I'm going to show it to the men at my garage and tell them I want to make an appointment for my new best friend. She insists on staying with her car while its being worked on or she goes elsewhere. She's a mechanic's worst nightmare. I love her; Rachel is my new hero. Don't forget to watch the Rachel Updates too. She gives new meaning to the word frugality. I look forward to your comments. Don't forget to share with your friends.

Many thanks to Penny and Randy who sent me the link.
xo, Rosemary



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Sue said...

This was such a nice video....and came at a very good time. We are leaving in a few days for another LONG road trip, and hubby expressed concern about our "Handy" having 170K miles. Well, we've put them all on her, and she's very well maintained. I'm not in the least concerned. I will show him this video. I think we have a way to go yet!!
Have a wonderful week, and thank you for sharing this great video!