Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lessons I Learned From Santa


All I Need To Know I Learned From Santa

1. Encourage people to believe in you.

2. Always remember who's naughty and who's nice.

3. Don't pout.

4. It's as much fun to give as it is to receive.

5. Some days it's ok to feel a little chubby.

6. Make your presents known.

7. Always ask for a little bit more than what you really want.

8. Bright red can make anyone look good.

9. Wear a wide belt and no-one will notice how many pounds you've gained.

10. If you only show up once a year, everyone will think you're very important.

11. Whenever you're at a loss for words, say "HO, HO, HO!"

I copied this from a Christmas card I got one year. I always save the good ones. I also recycle the fronts of old ones as gift tags. For the past couple of years I haven't gotten as many cards as usual. Lots of my friends send them online which is fine too given the price of postage and the lines at the post office. I have a PO box and when I went to pick up my mail today the line was out the door.



Content in a Cottage

Click orange square to subscribe via feed reader or email.

1 comment:

Gal Friday said...

That Santa card would make an excellent poster. Might have to *steal* it for posting at work. ;-)